October 29, 2010

Inspiration, Creativity, and a Community for the Seekers


With this new design, I'd like to share with you all, the new direction this blog is preparing to take. For the longest time, I've wanted to create something of meaning to me, and for the past two years, it has culminated in the shop that is Fey Handmade. In addition to that creation, I want to extend my own inspiration by sharing so much more with my dear readers. I hope you will enjoy this new direction and share it with those you think would also enjoy coming with us on our journey! :) So here goes - my new mission for this blog (ahem):

Fey Handmade aims to inspire its readers through art, ideas, unknown cultures and simple, yet magical, everyday observations. This is a place to stop and notice the little things that make life beautiful. A place to be creative, independent and free-spirited. This site is for those that are constantly seeking. And we hope that we can provide that spark of inspiration for you each day, and that you return again to share your experience with us. 


Fey Handmade features independent designs, businesses and ideas that are paving the way to a more sustainable future, where amazing design is supported and celebrated.

I came upon the notion of moving the blog in this direction when I realized what I do on a daily basis - look for inspiration! If I'm not doing that, then I may be actually creating something (but more than likely, that is only a small fraction of my day!) Inspiration is what keeps me going and makes me feel like I have a purpose in my life. I like to think that all that inspiring is leading me to greater things, but I may never see a concrete indication of that - and that's okay! It may result in new art or a new pretty thing in the shop, but it's not always so apparent where anything comes from in my creative world. I'm often such a logical thinker, and it's hard for me to take a step back and realize that everything isn't so cut and dry all the time. Inspiration is one of those things that is elusive, vague and indefinable. My goal with this new way of blogging is to bring all of that elusiveness into a little more of a tangible place. Simple as that. It's a lot to take on, but I think it's going to be a great ride!

I'm so excited to share all of this with you! You can expect to see a whole lot more posting (hopefully, if I can keep up with myself!) and there will be lots of guest posting coming soon as well.

Let me know any ideas or thoughts you might have about this! I would love to hear them :) Hope you all have a great weekend!

- Christine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...